Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Supreme Court: Part 9

How about one more Barack Obama quote about who should be on the Supreme Court?

“We need somebody who's got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom. The empathy to understand what it's like to be poor, or African-American, or gay, or disabled, or old. And that's the criteria by which I'm going to be selecting my judges.” Barack Obama - July 2007.

Gee, Senator Obama. It must be tough to find someone like that...who understands what it's like to be all of those things.

Well, I guess you could look to the court right now. While there are no gay or disabled justices, it seems as if most of them are rather old. Check. I will say that none of the justices have ever been young teenage moms, unless Ruth Bader Ginsburg is hiding something.

As for being poor and black, where can we find an African American who grew up rather poor, with a single mom after his dad ran away?

Ahh! We found someone! It’s Clarence Thomas! Lucky for you Senator Obama, he’s already on the court, so you don’t have to go through the trouble of nominating him.

Hold on…would you have even nominated him, Senator?

“I would not have nominated Clarence Thomas.” – Barack Obama, August 2008

Hold on, Senator. Let’s not be hasty. Did I mention that his mother was a young teenage mom, giving birth to Justice Thomas when she was only 18 years old? That’s a good perspective to have, and it’s on your list. What about now?

“I would not have nominated Clarence Thomas.” – Barack Obama, August 2008

Are you sure? Clarence Thomas’ mother was a young teenage mom, he was poor, and African American, and now he’s over sixty. It seems as though he has 4 of your 6 “qualifiers” for serving on the Supreme Court. Would you have at least CONSIDERED nominating him?

“I would not have nominated Clarence Thomas.” – Barack Obama, August 2008

Oh, that’s right. You’re rhetoric is simply a bunch of nonsense. I forgot.

To reiterate what I said yesterday: I don’t trust this man’s appointments.

(Author’s note: I really got quite angry as I was writing this…rarely happens, but here we are. I really would like to say more words, that are not as kind, but that’s not what 1007 East Grand is about.)

No comments: