Friday, October 31, 2008

$250,000

$250,000.

That's all I've heard for the past 6 weeks from Senator Obama.

$250,000.

This is the cutoff. Above it, your taxes go up. Below it, your taxes go down.

$250,000.

This is wealthy, according to Senator Obama. It's not middle class.

$250,000.

95% of Americans will get tax cuts, says the good Senator. So, I guess that only 5% of Americans make over $250,000. Okay.

$250,000.

So, I watched his Obama informercial the other night.

$200,000.

Okay. We know! We've heard you spout the same number over and over and o...(pause) Excuse me?

He dropped his number! Everyone under $200,000 will receive a tax cut? What the heck? He just dropped his number by 20%. I'm no math teacher, but it seems pretty significant, especially since he's slyly changed the number during his primetime special.

I won't say that he's a liar, by any means. It just seems as though the past six weeks he hasn't been telling us the truth about the centerpiece of his economic tax policies. I don't care for that, Senator Obama.

1 comment:

Grant Young said...

Nice work Dallas County.... Great blog.