Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Life Issues

Saturday, I mentioned that Sarah Palin had more executive experience than Senator Obama. The media narrative has continued, comparing the experience of Palin to Obama. I’m fine with that, because that’s an argument that John McCain wins. The underlying assumption to this argument is that John McCain is WAY more experienced than Barack Obama. This underlying assumption pleases me…because it’s true.

However, we move on to major issues that revolve around the Supreme Court.

The platform of the Dallas County Republicans is pro-life. As such, I enthusiastically support Sarah Palin as the Vice Presidential candidate this year. However, I had no idea that her pro-life stance would be personified so quickly in this race.

So, let’s continue in this Palin/Obama comparison, as we move back towards our discussion about the Supreme Court

On abortion:

Sarah Palin: Concerning her child’s pregnancy.

“We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support. (August 31, 2008)


Barack Obama: Concerning her child’s (potential) pregnancy

Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at age 16, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information." (March 29, 2008)

Sometimes, someone says something so terribly offensive, you really don’t know which part is most offensive.

First, babies are not punishment. Prison is punishment. A child is not.

Second, comparing human life to STDs? STDs are disease. Babies are miracles. I’m rather speechless.

So, when it comes to life issues against Obama, I’m going to side with Palin. And since McCain’s first “appointment” was Gov. Palin, in regards to judicial philosophy and attitude towards the unborn, I’m going to side with McCain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. Understandably one of the most offensive statements Obama has made thusfar.